Visit http://choosemyplate.gov/ to learn more about nutrition, exercise and how to stay healthy and smart.
Several important tips:
1) VEGETABLES, FRUIT: Eat vegetables and fruit. (They must be half of your lunch and dinner. Look at picture above.)
2) DAIRY: Drink LOW-fat milk, eat LOW-fat yogurt, cheese, etc. (Our body does not need too much fat.)
3) GRAINS (carbohydrates): Eat WHOLE-wheat, WHOLE-grain breads and pasta, etc.
4) SUGAR: Avoid too much sugar and corn syrup. Drink water! (no sodas, no juices)
5) FAT: Avoid too much fat. (Our body does not need too much of it. Look at picture of plate above: fat is not even there.)
6) SALT: Avoid things with too much salt. Our body does not need too much salt (sodium) and it can lead to hypertension.
7) NUTRITION: Learn how to read and understand the tricks used in NUTRITION FACTS labels in packaged foods.
8) EXERCISE: Try to walk or exercise as much as possible to stay health and feel healthy.